Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!

Sheesh. Two-party politics at its finest. A classic line: "If McCain is nominated, I'm voting Democrat. I'd rather see a Democrat mess up the nation than a Republican." Or equivalently, swap the two parties and replace McCain with Hillary. I think all these people should relax and enjoy a rousing episode of the Simpsons. I suggest "Treehouse of Horror VII."

Some people look at the 2000 election and say, "See how much your vote counts? That election was decided by fewer than 500 votes!" I say, "499 people could have stayed home that day and the result would have been the same!" Or even better than staying at home, try looking at some less-funded independent. Seriously. Sure there's no chance he'll win, but at least you don't have to vote for Kang or Kodos, and maybe some lucky non-major party might qualify for some funding for the next election. Or do you believe that only the rich and/or well-connected are qualified to be president?

2 comments:

  1. Shameless Simspons plug. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at imploring us to watch the Simpsons. The rest of your argument was sound, of course...but in my opinion, no further proof was needed after the Simpsons reference.

    ReplyDelete